Saturday, July 05, 2008

Camp for the first time....

OK, I am in flip out mode right about now. Jonathan is going to camp for the first time tomorrow!!!! Everything has been going fine up until now, all my friends have been asking " how are you"?, " WOW a whole week", " are you freaking out"? And all the while I just kept thinking, oh this is nothing, but right about the time I get to Sunday school tomorrow, that is when I will be like "sedative please". The plan is to go to church, then lunch and off to camp. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Needless to say we are going to need a little prayer.
Alright now that I have had my Mommy flip out, I am sure we will all do just fine. So if we could all just pray that he doesn't get sick like Lydia Grace has been this week. Oh yea, it is never a dull moment around here. She got up at 3:30 am the other morning saying she really wanted some water. Well when I touched her she was burning up. She had a temp. of 105.6 and was starting to shake. So I threw her in the bath, and within a few minutes, it was down to 100.2.
We went to the doctor, and you know it is a virus. That mean wait it out, I love it when they say that. Her fever stayed around 102-103. Now we have been fever free for about 27 hours. Praise the Lord. Of course we went no where on the 4Th, even though she didn't have a fever, I still didn't want to get her out yet. So tonight we did go to Monkey Joe's, we wanted to take the kids out before they went off to camp. They being two of Jonathan's cousins, they are going too.
I am really excited that he is going. We have a life insurance policy on the kids, that blows the others out of the water. Anyway they have there own summer camp, and once your child turns 8, they get to go, up until they are 15. So he has really been looking forward to going. Well it is about 10:30, I need to finish up and try to get some sleep for the big day.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Tell Jonathan that Sam and I will be praying for him this week....and you. I don't think I am ready for the week long adventure yet....heck, I miss Sam when school starts back and he is just down the hall. :)I know....I got to let go someday...just not ready now.....

Faith said...

Glad to see you this morning! I will be praying for you both this week!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I imagine this will be a toughy for us next year too. It does seem so young to send them off. I will say a prayer!! It will be quite an adventure for sure!!