Thursday, July 10, 2008

My animal experience.......

Well Amy E. had her turtle story, and Faith had her bird story, so her is my animal story. As some of you know we have a lot of woods behind our house, so we get a frequent visitor from Rocky the raccoon. I have a tote that I keep my Bible, Bible study stuff, ya know all the good stuff. Well I was switching out cars and I put my bag on the porch, now it is a big porch, but it was just for a min. When in all of my not so busy world (right) I forgot to bring it in, but I thought it would be fine because it was covered. Needless to say IT WASN'T! I get up, and everything was pulled out, things strung across my yard, and my Bible, well, it now has paw print all on the INSIDE!!
Now I believe everyone needs a little Bible time, but Rocky is gong to have to get his own.
How mad am I? So God is telling me that even the wild life must pray too, and don't leave his word on the porch.
Just to let you all know the raccoon got what he was after, there was a little baggie of Nilla wafers in the bag. So he got his snack and Gods word at the same time.

4 comments:

Mulchy Mama said...

Hey, I'd rather have a run-in with a turtle over a raccoon any day! Those are some rabid little animals!! Cute, but rabid! Man nor raccoon can live on bread alone! :) Too cute, but I know you weren't happy about it! Remember, you get a discount on Bibles at church if you're a member and maybe they'll give you even more of one if you tell them a raccoon ate it. :)

Stephanie D. said...

Amy, hey let me tell ya, I just bought that one. My other one fell apart, when is the madness going to stop? Heehee

MiMi said...

UNBELIEVABLE! Raccoons are so cute and they are amazing how they can use their little paws--just like a human's hands.

Glad he got what he was after - Nilla wafers and the Bread of Life!
Have a great weekend.
Emilie

Faith said...

How funny!!

I am cracking up at Amy's "racoon can not live on bread alone" comment!